empower slides 8.4 and following
Here is an overview of coming features (as from version 8.4). 1-2 months after each quarter, we will release a new version of empower slides. The list below details features that will be implemented next. Only features that have been completely finalized and approved by Quality Control will be included in the release.
Please click a desired version to jump directly to the connected section:
empower slides 8.4 (Win)
Planned features in upcoming release:
- Language Links of slides and presentations: it is now possible in empower to link slides and presentations in different languages. In doing so the user will be notified if content of a slide in one language has been updated.
- Large previews: it is possible to display large preview images of content in the empower library.
- Save button: in addition to the Save as button, it will also be possible to update an item in the library with a single click.
- Offline availability of individual folders: for each folder, a user can decide if they require it to be available offline. In addition, admins can set particular folders to be available to all users by default.
- Presentation importer: it is possible to set up an automated import of presentations from selected folders.
Additional features we will implement next:
- Drag & drop: slides within a presentation and elements between folders can be moved via drag & drop.
- empower Link: it will be possible to access items in the library via direct links. In addition, a link can be implemented on a slide the reference another slide in the library.
- Slide Sets: better support for slide sets regarding update behavior and custom icon in the library.
- Folder rights: ability to remove rights on subfolders
- Insert statistics: each element will receive a counter to display how often users have inserted an item has been inserted, and when it has been used.
- Delete Update: when a slide is deleted, the user can decide whether to send a delete update to all linked copies, or not.
- Recycle bin: there will be a recycle bin visible in the empower library to restore deleted elements within a defined time period before they will be permanently deleted.
There are many additional features in the pipeline. Details and order of development are still to be determined.
empower slides 8.4 (Mac)
Planned features in next release
DAM Integration: Any DAM system (offering a proper API) can be integrated with empower with only a very limited effort required. Please contact us to discuss your integration requirements. If required, royalty free and high-quality images from the image platform Unsplash.com can be accessed directly in empower.
- Slide Updates: empower shows update notifications of outdated slides, presentations and objects when the user opens or inserts outdated content. In addition, update links within the library can be managed. This allows users to centrally update elements across multiple presentations in one go.
- Default Master: the central corporate design admin can define a default template for all users that opens up when people launch PowerPoint. All users can also define their own default template if more than one template is available
empower slides 8.4 (Teams & Web)
Planned features in next release
- Slide Updates: manage update links between slides inside the web library and in MS Teams and ensure that all presentations in your library use the latest version of the root slides. This enables content editors to efficiently update hundreds of presentations with a few clicks and every user always access the latest version anytime and anywhere.