- The user interface of a chart will now be displayed faster upon selection of a chart and is now displayed on two steps (first deactivated, then activated)
- empower slides ribbon integration was improved when empower charts 7. 1 is used together with empower slides 8.0 (or higher): some functions are grouped, and the arrangement within the ribbon was optimized.
- General performance improvements
New Features in data charts
- Smaller improvements for isolated issues, as well as resolution of misc. smaller bugs
New features in Gantt charts
- Speed improvements of Gantt charts (smaller lags during editing).
- Individual rows can now be highlighted with different colors.
- Divider lines between rows can now be formatted (to visually group/divide rows).
- Enhanced formatting options: phase arrow captions can now be moved, phase arrows and data lines can now be formatted, tasks can now be hatched.
- The default labelling of tasks is now the duration of the task.
- The borders of elements on the timeline can be configured within the Customizing, to improve readability on printouts.
- technical improvements (stability and performance), as well as resolution of smaller bugs.
Known issues / limitations
- Breaks and arrows are currently not supported for the secondary axis.
- If the preview mode is activated in Explorer and PowerPoint® is launched, empower charts is currently unable to be launched in parallel. Currently, the Explorer preview should not be used for presentations. This issue will be addressed in a future version of empower charts.
- Empower 7.1 is no longer compatible with Office 2007.