Microsoft Office-Applications may deactivate Add-ins. Here we need to distinguish between hard and soft deactivated Add-ins.
If PowerPoint suggests to deactivate empower, this is e.g. due to a still running process (open dialog) while PowerPoint was closed. You should decline the deactivation.
If empower was already deactivated you will need to activate it again as described in the following:
- Open the PowerPoint Options by clicking File > Options
- Select Add-Ins and select the list “Disabled items” from the “Manage” drop down and click on Go…
- Select the empower Add-in and activate it
- Now change to the list “COM Add-ins” from the “Manage” dropdown and click on Go..
- Again select the empower Add-in and activate it